Holochain RSM Guidance
On 15 September 2020 we unveiled a new Holochain, which we’re currently calling Holochain RSM (Refactored State Model). This documentation site is for the previous version, now called Holochain Redux, and will be deprecated when RSM is released. The documentation will be gradually rewritten for RSM; in the meantime, we’ve indicated places where the information in this documentation will become obsolete.
This guidance page supports both existing and new developers in learning more.
Holochain RSM hasn’t been officially released, but it will be soon. We encourage you to wait until then. In the meantime, read the intro content on this website—it’s still relevant (and mostly accurate). Start with What is Holochain and Why Holochain, then read the Core Concepts while you keep the Glossary nearby.
If you want to get yourself prepared for porting your Holochain app to RSM, here are some provisional resources:
- Announcing and Unpacking the New Holochain
- Holochain RSM GitHub repository
- Instructions on getting started with Holochain RSM
- README for the new HDK
- Information and guidelines on serialising your data, including entries and function parameters/returns
- Building your DNA
- `dna_util` command reference
- The test suite, currently the best place for examples of how to use the API and HDK
- Holochain formal specification, a ‘living document’ from the core devs (some details may be out of date)
As always, you can also head over to the Holochain Forum and talk with our community of developers and team members.